The Birch Bay Watershed and Aquatic Resources Management (BBWARM) District  was created in response to community concerns about water quality, flooding, and loss of aquatic habitat in the Birch Bay Watershed. BBWARM’s stormwater program focuses on protecting water quality and reducing stormwater impacts. Explore our website to learn more about what BBWARM is doing and how you can get involved. 


BBWARM Advisory Committee Meeting

The next meeting of the BBWARM Advisory Committee will be held on October 18th at 6pm at the Birch Bay Village Clubhouse (8181 Cowichan Road). The focus of the meeting will be the Birch Point Subwatershed Drainage Study. The general public is invited to join us, and a public comment period will be held at the beginning of the meeting. 

You can view the 2023 meeting schedule, documents, and Zoom link on the BBWARM Advisory Committee website.  


During September, dog owners are invited to take or renew their pledge to “scoop every poop and put it in the trash!” Dog poop left on the ground is raw sewage and pollutes our waterways. Pledgers are automatically entered into the prize drawing for a scooping prize pack! 

Do you think your dog is the cutest? They just might be! Enter the best photos of your pup into the “We Scoop” Photo Contest. It’s easy to enter: take the We Scoop pledge and submit your best dog photo to the online form. Winning pups will be featured in our future ads, and winning owners will receive a scooping prize pack!

The prize pack for the prize drawing and photo contest includes:

Learn how to enter at


BBWARM recently hosted an info session in partnership with Whatcom County Health and Community Services, Western Washington Univeristy, and the Whatcom Conservation District. You can still look at the recording and PowerPoint presentations below if you missed it.

Zoom Recording Link:

Access Passcode: 9eZT?^+H

Presentation Slides: 

Avoid the water and keep pets and livestock away if you see an algae bloom. You can report algal blooms to the Whatcom County Health and Community Services at (360) 778-6000 or Health Department staff will work with you to determine the next steps.


Have you ever seen a stormwater-related issue and didn’t know what to do about it? Whatcom County Public Works has a quick and easy way to report problems. This form is sent directly to Whatcom County staff who can help address the issues.  

The link to the form can be found at the top of the Public Works website

Use the “Flooding and Drainage Problems” category on this form to report signs of stormwater infrastructure issues such as: 

Use the “Water Quality - pollution and spills” category on this form to report pollution-related issues like: